3D printing refers to the manufacturing process that additively forms or creates a physical object from a digital design. There are various 3D printing technologies and materials, and all are based on the same principle that, a digital model is reshaped to the solid three-dimensional object by adding layer after the layer.
This course will demonstrate on the working of 3D printer, showing what people make with it and examine the 3D printing ecosystem. 3D printing course will also explore the future of it and discuss on how it will revolutionize the world. Upon the completion of this course, students will have the solid understanding of 3D printing, its potential, and ability to print 3D designs.
• In the aerospace industry, it creates lighter airplane part that is not possible in traditional methods.
• In the healthcare industry, it has the ability to develop orthopedic implants and prosthetics.
• In the retail sector, it creates complex shapes and geometry that is not possible with traditional manufacturing.
• Understand the design aspects of the 3D printable file.
• Know the process of consumer-level 3D printer.
• Be able to understand the FDM methodology.
• Know about 3D printing case studies.
• Be aware of materials available for consumer 3D printing.
It is suitable for students, professionals, managers, engineers, designers, and all those who want to enhance their skill set and find potential business opportunity.